Known issue: sometimes Outlook 2016 takes too long to discover the mailbox settings. This issue can be fixed by making changes to the registry. In order to open registry editor click Start > Run > type 'regedit' (without quotes) > hit Enter. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover and create the following registry key: "ExcludeHttpsRootDomain"=dword:00000001
Adding this entry will force Outlook to skip one of the checks it performs when discovering the settings and proceed to the next step when Outlook client gets the mailbox settings from YOUR COMPANY servers.
To set up Outlook 2016:
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Specify your Profile Name and click OK.
- On the Auto Account Setup page type your name, primary email address, and your mailbox password twice, then click Next.
- Outlook 2016 will start configuring your account. When you get a security prompt, check the box Don’t ask me about this website againand then click Allow.
- Windows Security window might then prompt your username and password. Enter your primary email address in the Username box and type your mailbox password and click OK.
- Outlook 2016 will discover your email server settings and finish configuration of your email account. Once you see all steps as completed, you can click Finish. Now you can open your new profile in Outlook 2016.