Developing web sites can be complicated using traditional tools, but we make it easy with Website Builder. Whether you need a single- or multiple-page web site, our tools will guide you every step of the way.
(If you are interested in using separate software to create or upload files, see the FTP Overview topic.)
Website Builder is a template-driven, online web site development tool. In other words, using only a browser, you can create a rich, customized web site without any knowledge of HTML code. HTML code is the basic building block of a Web page. Some people prefer to work directly with HTML code, but tools such as Website Builder, Dreamweaver or FrontPage can manage the code for you, allowing you to focus on the "look and feel" of your web site. Please do not activate Website Builder if you intend to use Domain Forwarding.
To activate Website Builder:
- Sign in to SiteControl.
- Go to Manage Services tab.
- Go to Website section.
- Scroll down, find and click the Website Builder link. You can also click Website Builder in the left navigation panel in SiteControl.
- Select the proper domain name from the Currently Managing drop-down menu.
- Next, select the level of Website Builder options you require and click the appropriate Activate button.
Note: The Free version's attributes may differ depending on your plan.
- Once the confirmation page appears, click Back to Overview to return to the Website Builder administration page.
- Once fully activated, you should see the Edit My Website and Delete links:
Click Edit My Website to start building your site. Again, be sure to enable pop-ups on your browser.
- Once the new window opens, follow the step-by-step instructions.
- If you ever decide to upgrade/downgrade your Website Builder plan, please return to the Website Builder page in SiteControl.
Choose the desired plan and click its Change button.
Note: Website Builder includes built-in instructions accessible by clicking the Help link while editing your site.