Domain Forwarding enables one domain name to automatically and instantaneously forward to another domain name. For example, let's assume example1.com is a domain name that you just registered, and you already own a web site that uses example.com as its domain name. By forwarding example1.com (which is just a domain name and not a web site) to example.com, you can advertise example1.com alongside example.com because they point to the same web site content.
Domain Forwarding is an effective advertising and search engine optimization tool.
To activate Domain Forwarding:
- Sign in to SiteControl.
- Go to Manage Services tab.
- Go to Domain Names section.
- Scroll down, find and click the Domain Forwarding link. You can also click Domain Forwarding in the left navigation panel in SiteControl.
- On the Domain Forwarding Overview page, select the proper domain name from the Currently Managing drop-down menu.
Note: Domain forwarding does not work for domains with active hosting plans. You will first have to close your hosting product before activating the feature.
- On Activate Domain Forwarding window, click Activate.
- Once activated, enter the forwarding URL.
- Select either Location or Frame forwarding.
Location forwarding: The destination URL appears on the browser.
Frame forwarding: The destination URL is hidden; the original URL appears on the browser.
- Enter a descriptive text for the Title Bar, typically the domain or company name.
- Click Save.
- A Request Successfully Received message appears.
Source: domain.tld Destination: 22.214.171.124
Source: www.domain.tld Destination: 126.96.36.199
If the domain points to our name servers, the DNS records will be automatically updated/created by the system.